Tuesday, March 5, 2019: The 5 W's behind permit and review procedures
Wetlands, streams, lakes, ponds, and other waters are regulated by local, state, and federal law, and permits are required to impact these water bodies. Obtaining state and federal permits can be a time consuming process that can take up to a year. Knowing the rules prior to submitting a plan for review will help keep the process moving forward.
Whether you need a review, or you're learning this information for the first time, this workshop is for you! This workshop will clarify what steps are needed to receive 404 and 401 permits. In addition, the workshop will also cover:
- WHAT triggers the need for a permit?
- WHEN is the JD letter required, and WHY?
- WHO determines if a waterbody is jurisdictional?
- WHAT is a Water of the US, Water of the State?
- WHERE should you be sending all this information?
Registration is $5.00 and must be paid by March 4th to reserve your spot.
Cash/Check accepted. Continental breakfast included!!