WATERSHED COORDINATOR Part-time, Permanent position.
Summit Soil and Water Conservation District (SSWCD) is now accepting applications and resumes for the position of Watershed Coordinator for the Furnace Run watershed. The Furnace Run Watershed Coordinator provides technical and educational assistance with water quality protection efforts, assists in watershed planning to protect the water resources, and networks with citizens, agencies, and organizations on a multi-jurisdictional basis to advocate for behavioral change and establish a permanent local water resource restoration and protection program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Initiate and conduct watershed planning in the Furnace Run watershed
- Communicate and coordinate with stakeholders and communities within the designated watershed by identifying and implementing watershed goals, initiatives, and projects
- Identify and seek grants and other funding opportunities for workshops, watershed education campaigns, projects, field days, equipment, and land acquisition
- Develop and coordinate watershed volunteer data collection program to collect water quality data, conduct surveys, and other watershed sampling projects
- Coordinate and collaborate on watershed outreach campaigns within the designated watershed, provide guidance to landowners on related watershed issues, and attend community events within the watershed
Selection of candidates will begin January 21, 2022. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Interested applicants can email resume, cover letter, and references to District Program Administrator Brian Prunty.